/* SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause
* Copyright 2015 6WIND S.A.
* Copyright 2015 Mellanox Technologies, Ltd
/* Reported driver name. */
#define MLX5_DRIVER_NAME "net_mlx5"
/* Maximum number of simultaneous unicast MAC addresses. */
#define MLX5_MAX_UC_MAC_ADDRESSES 128
/* Maximum number of simultaneous Multicast MAC addresses. */
#define MLX5_MAX_MC_MAC_ADDRESSES 128
/* Maximum number of simultaneous MAC addresses. */
#define MLX5_MAX_MAC_ADDRESSES \
(MLX5_MAX_UC_MAC_ADDRESSES + MLX5_MAX_MC_MAC_ADDRESSES)
/* Maximum number of simultaneous VLAN filters. */
#define MLX5_MAX_VLAN_IDS 128
* Request TX completion every time descriptors reach this threshold since
* the previous request. Must be a power of two for performance reasons.
#define MLX5_TX_COMP_THRESH 32
* Request TX completion every time the total number of WQEBBs used for inlining
* packets exceeds the size of WQ divided by this divisor. Better to be power of
* two for performance.
#define MLX5_TX_COMP_THRESH_INLINE_DIV (1 << 3)
/* Size of per-queue MR cache array for linear search. */
#define MLX5_MR_CACHE_N 8
/* Size of MR cache table for binary search. */
#define MLX5_MR_BTREE_CACHE_N 256
* If defined, only use software counters. The PMD will never ask the hardware
* for these, and many of them won't be available.
#define MLX5_PMD_SOFT_COUNTERS 1
/* Alarm timeout. */
#define MLX5_ALARM_TIMEOUT_US 100000
/* Maximum number of extended statistics counters. */
#define MLX5_MAX_XSTATS 32
/* Maximum Packet headers size (L2+L3+L4) for TSO. */
#define MLX5_MAX_TSO_HEADER 192
/* Default minimum number of Tx queues for vectorized Tx. */
#define MLX5_VPMD_MIN_TXQS 4
/* Threshold of buffer replenishment for vectorized Rx. */
#define MLX5_VPMD_RXQ_RPLNSH_THRESH(n) \
(RTE_MIN(MLX5_VPMD_RX_MAX_BURST, (unsigned int)(n) >> 2))
/* Maximum size of burst for vectorized Rx. */
#define MLX5_VPMD_RX_MAX_BURST 64U
* Maximum size of burst for vectorized Tx. This is related to the maximum size
* of Enhanced MPW (eMPW) WQE as vectorized Tx is supported with eMPW.
* Careful when changing, large value can cause WQE DS to overlap.
#define MLX5_VPMD_TX_MAX_BURST 32U
/* Number of packets vectorized Rx can simultaneously process in a loop. */
#define MLX5_VPMD_DESCS_PER_LOOP 4
/* Supported RSS */
#define MLX5_RSS_HF_MASK (~(ETH_RSS_IP | ETH_RSS_UDP | ETH_RSS_TCP))
/* Timeout in seconds to get a valid link status. */
#define MLX5_LINK_STATUS_TIMEOUT 10
/* Reserved address space for UAR mapping. */
#define MLX5_UAR_SIZE (1ULL << (sizeof(uintptr_t) * 4))
/* Offset of reserved UAR address space to hugepage memory. Offset is used here
* to minimize possibility of address next to hugepage being used by other code
* in either primary or secondary process, failing to map TX UAR would make TX
* packets invisible to HW.
#define MLX5_UAR_OFFSET (1ULL << (sizeof(uintptr_t) * 4))
/* Maximum number of UAR pages used by a port,
* These are the size and mask for an array of mutexes used to synchronize
* the access to port's UARs on platforms that do not support 64 bit writes.
* In such systems it is possible to issue the 64 bits DoorBells through two
* consecutive writes, each write 32 bits. The access to a UAR page (which can
* be accessible by all threads in the process) must be synchronized
* (for example, using a semaphore). Such a synchronization is not required
* when ringing DoorBells on different UAR pages.
* A port with 512 Tx queues uses 8, 4kBytes, UAR pages which are shared
* among the ports.
#define MLX5_UAR_PAGE_NUM_MAX 64
#define MLX5_UAR_PAGE_NUM_MASK ((MLX5_UAR_PAGE_NUM_MAX) - 1)
/* Log 2 of the default number of strides per WQE for Multi-Packet RQ. */
#define MLX5_MPRQ_STRIDE_NUM_N 6U
/* Two-byte shift is disabled for Multi-Packet RQ. */
#define MLX5_MPRQ_TWO_BYTE_SHIFT 0
* Minimum size of packet to be memcpy'd instead of being attached as an
* external buffer.
#define MLX5_MPRQ_MEMCPY_DEFAULT_LEN 128
/* Minimum number Rx queues to enable Multi-Packet RQ. */
#define MLX5_MPRQ_MIN_RXQS 12
/* Cache size of mempool for Multi-Packet RQ. */
#define MLX5_MPRQ_MP_CACHE_SZ 32U
/* Definition of static_assert found in /usr/include/assert.h */
#define static_assert _Static_assert
#endif /* RTE_PMD_MLX5_DEFS_H_ */